Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Summer Random Shots

Okay, seriously ridiculous, but first a couple last shots of our trip to the big St George.  

Pretty much the top moment of the trip was when I left the mall in shame after THREE diaper changes.  Um, ya, there was no way to salvage any part of her outfit or the stroller at that point.  I had to walk back through the Food Court with naked toddler in toe.  This was the start of a couple bad days of the runs for Sophie Rose. 

Luckily it didn't ruin the entire trip and she did manage to squeeze in some fun at the pool!

I just had to take a picture of these bunk beds that our friends custom made (themselves) for their grandkids.  The bottom beds are all doubles.  This room was awesome.  

We just had to go to the Brick Oven for dinner while in Utah.  

I was so happy that I was able to meet my goddaughter (right, Danielle?) Eva.  She was such a sweet baby and so, so cute. (Not to mention she had a serious cheek situation going on.)

I LOVE the mountains in Utah.  I loved looking at these mountains for five years while living in Provo.  When I go back I am always re-amazed at how HUGE they are.  Just gorgeous. (I am especially loving them as I write this from Texas....where there ain't no mountains.)

And the last hour of any trip always seems to look about like this...
Such a REAL snap shot.  I tittled it, "And she has officially lost it..."  I noticed the picture of Joshua shooting himself AFTER I posted it on instagram.  

I took this picture when I got home.  This bush had just bloomed and the flowers were so full and beautiful.  I think everything looks more beautiful when you come home from vacation.  

My favorite tree. 

We got home and wham-bam, it was time to send Joshua off on a ten day trip to Washington DC. He left in the middle of the night practically.

I thought it was so cute that Isabelle and Emmaline came to the school to bid them farewell.  Little Isabelle was just as excited about the trip as they were. 

Here's the crew....(the Idaho Crew, the Arizona cousins joined up with them in DC.)  These guys earned their own money to pay for the trip and hopefully it will be an experience they never forget.  

Joshua saying goodbye.  The couple days before we were getting stuff worked out at the bank for him, shopping for clothes, packing, running all over.  It felt like we were sending him off on his mission already.  It was sad saying goodbye and gave me a TINY glimpse into what it will be like in FOUR short years from now.  It makes me sad even thinking about it.  

We didn't stay sad for long.  We knew he was having a blast so while mom cleaned and unpacked the girls caught up with the neighbors.  Keisha was so kind as to do their make up for them.  It kept them quiet for so long, I didn't even mind! 

We also went to the grand Rigby Lake with some friends and had a picnic.  So tasty. 

But the MOST exciting thing we did was go to this demolition derby/figure 8 races.  I had no idea what to expect when we were invited, but we were so glad we went.  It was so fun seeing the cars crash and burn as the sun set on the Rigby Fairgrounds. 

As you started rooting for your favorite cars, it became even more exciting. 

Here's friends Daisy and Addie with Luke and Michael.  The kids just loved watching.  

I told Ryan this is what we need to do with our minivan at some point.  

Since we had such an "Idaho" day, I figured I should create me some Idaho Hair to go along with our fun.  My hair was seriously made to be big. This is just a little curling iron action and a comb.  I didn't even have to use product.  Why can't this be the style?  Ryan didn't appreciate it so much and I think I scared the kids.  

I love that you can count on some yummy Fat Boys at every youth fireside around here.  (Fat Boy's are the name of a deliciously fat ice cream sandwich.)  I didn't want anyone thinking I was referring to our favorite neighbor, Randy, pictured here, when I said Fat Boy. 

And then Ryan was off to California for a business trip.  He was gone a couple weeks and we are always sad to see him go! 

Safe travels, Dad!  Love you!

When Dad is gone in the summer time, sometimes our menu reads like this:
Monday Night Dinner:  Snow Cone Shack
Tuesday Night: Ice Cream

You get the picture.  Here is Sophie enjoying some of her healthy dinner. 

I couldn't get the air working while he was gone and of course we had a crazy heat wave that week.  The house pretty much held at 87F.  Too hot for me! 

The boys went fishing with Grandpa and caught some seriously huge fish.  I must post the picture that Grandpa took of them on the river.  It is so much better.  

I sure miss all these kids...(I am writing this while in Texas away from them.)  Love you guys!

I am just so grateful that Sophie knows how to use a bow and arrow if needed.  (Even if it is made of PVC pipe.) You can always count on various weapons laying around throughout the house at all times. 

I was able to attend ward temple night while Ryan was away and when I came out of the temple, this is what it looked like.  Amazing. 

Idaho is so beautiful in the summer! Here it is about 930pm with the sun finally setting. 


I love to see the temple!  

And that is a wrap!  

No comments:

Post a Comment