Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Going Towanda and Other Happy Things

I have so much I want to blog about!  So many pictures to catch up on!  Why don't I do it?  (Besides lack of time…that is a factor too!)  My iPhoto is sooooooo slow, it makes gathering and editing pictures a tedious pain in the behind.  Somehow I need to reorganize my pictures and keep the bulk of them on my external hard drive instead, but I am going to wait for Ryan to help with that one. I don't want to accidentally delete all my pictures.  That is something I can see happening!  There are so many things to catch up on!  


 Things like when Ryan took these two munchkins to California with him.  Can you see how excited they were that morning?  

I think they were also pretty excited about all the snacks they brought along for the ride. 

Or I haven't had a chance to tell you about the day I went TOWANDA on my kids perfectly working laptop computer! 

 *Do you use the word  in your life?  My sisters and I use it all the time.  I sometimes get a look that others don't know what I am talking about when I say that I "went Towanda."  Click on the link above and have a good laugh.  I think we all have our Towanda moments, however, this moment is one  never to be forgotten.  I dropped (ok, threw) the computer on the cement and then we all bashed it with a hammer.  My oldest son was so mad at me, that he went Towanda himself and threw his cell phone and broke it too!  Thanks, Son!  Even better, no computer OR phone for you.  (A few weeks later we let him buy a new one with his own money, but that is another story.)  Result of my Towanda moment?  No more games on the computer.  No more "mind craft"!  

Spring is here and I captured this when things were just starting to turn green.  I have to capture the pretty things around me because I kind of want to go Towanda on my yard right now.  That is another story, but lets just say there are a lot of weeds and dandelions and I don't like it one bit!  But how can I complain when my kids have this as their playground.  If you look closely at the red barn, you can see one of my boys on the fence.  That is their "hide out" and they play down there constantly. 

A couple weeks ago when I would arrive at the bus stop to pick up the kids from school,  I kept finding Michael missing.  He was crawling under the ROAD into this drain pipe …it makes me claustrophobic just thinking about it!  

His cohorts in crime pulling him out…

"Mom, this is actually a really safe place to be if we have a tornado."  Boys!  

Luke got so mad when I posted this on instagram, because it looks like he is "in love "with our neighbor.  He really was laughing and looking to the side at just the right moment.  I just got lucky with how it turned out.  But I can't help it…it is so cute!  

Sunday evening at Grandma and Grandpa's house-
Luke with his church pants, an undershirt and socks…there is a reason all our socks have holes!   Michael has the whole "mixing patterns" thing down really well.  

When it was time to come home no one wanted to get "in" the car, so I drove VERY slow, and this is how they hitched a ride…cookies and all. 

ELEVEN more days of school after today….YAHOO!!!!  Hopefully I can figure out my computer situation and start blogging more one of these days.  For now….have a BEAUTIFUL May day, and try not to go Towanda on anyone you love.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I want more details about going Towanda on the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew what you were talking about immediately when you said Towanda. That's hilarious! I feel like going Towanda on a ton of stuff right now. Maybe I will and get it out of my system! :)

    ReplyDelete