Monday, April 22, 2013

Second Cousins

My cousin Robin came up to visit with her family for their Spring Break.  We didn't take them to do anything too exciting...so we hope it was still worth the trip.  The kids had a blast just running around the house and hanging out.  I am so glad the second generation of cousins have just as much fun as the first generation had when we were kids.

This is just one of Annie before heading off to school the day they came...I just think it is so cute/funny how the little girls "pose" all on their own.  Who teaches them these things? 

The kids hit it off right away...and even performed a play for us that first night.  I have that on tape and it was pretty fabulous.  

Yes, that is a huge blow up ball in our LIVING ROOM.  It was actually a prop for the play, they threw it off the balcony as a huge boulder to kill Michael below. 

The adults ran over the visit with my parents down the street and the kids all settled down to some quality television I am sure.  My boys and Robin's girls. 

Robin and Andrew decided to get a hotel (we told them they didn't have to!) and the pool was the best in town I think.  Here are the engineers talking it up in the hot tub. 

Ryan and Sophie

I included this picture mostly just for you to notice the guy here on the right with the long hair.  Check out his facial expression.  He is like, "Man, I thought I would relax in the hot tub alone tonight and I am surrounded by all these crazy kids."  He was not the only one in the pool with that expression that night.  Robin and I couldn't help laughing as the kids got more then a few "looks".  People, this is Idaho Falls, not New York City.  You would think they haven't seen packs of kids before. 

Ashlyn and Michael REALLY hit it off.  They share similar interests.  In fact, while at our house they spent time "looking up facts" in books and writing them down.  You heard me right.  Two peas in a pod.  They must have gotten it from their brilliant mothers.  That's what we did when we were kids, right Aunt Kathy?

Katelyn doing some sweet tricks with her dad. 

Little Aubrey cracks me up. 

Love that tongue!

Joshua

 Speaking of cracking you up...this one does too. I think when Ryan is 80 he will still be doing tricks off any surface into the pool.  Love the toe touch, honey!

Michael and new BFF Ashlyn. 

James

After swimming that night we bid our cousins farewell.  When we got home Michael said all sadly,
"I miss Ashlyn already.  It's just she is the only one that likes to look up things like I do."  

 And on that fun note I must sign off. I have been dying of what I think is Gallbladder pain for the past 36 hours or so.  I hope that tonight it goes away!  I am typing fast and furious and now I must go lay down.  It seems to help.  Peace out, folks, and Robina...thanks for coming to see us in Idaho Falls!  Come again!

No comments:

Post a Comment