Monday, May 6, 2013

I am lioness...hear me roar.

I haven't posted for a bit....

A.  I have been sick for like a month.

B.  I don't have the right cord to download new pictures next to my computer and every time I think I MIGHT blog, I am too lazy to actually go get the cord.  I decide going to bed is a better option.

I am feeling MUCH better.  My case of what I found out was Pleurisy is getting better every day.  My respiratory junk is almost all gone too.  Just a bit of coughing...but nothing bad.  It amazing how it just takes being sick or in pain for a bit to make you really appreciate your health.  I can't believe as humans we just take that for granted so easily!  How quickly I forget once I am feeling well.  My heart really goes out to those who are chronically ill or have chronic pain.  What a nightmare.

When I didn't have any energy to do anything I tried to read uplifting things.  I love this speech given my Julie B Beck given to women from our Church. Here is an awesome quote from it....


"I have said lately that women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. Whatever happens in that home and family happens because she cares about it and it matters to her."


"She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. For example, if the lioness at the gate believes in the law of tithing, tithing will be paid in that family. If that family has a humble little portion of ten pesos coming in, that lioness will safeguard the one peso if tithing is important to her. If that lioness at the gate knows about renewing her baptismal covenants with God, she will be in sacrament meeting on Sunday, and she will prepare her children to be there. They will be washed, cleaned, combed, and taught about that meeting and what happens there. It isn’t a casual event, but it is serious to her, and it will be serious to them. The lioness at the gate ensures that temple worship is taken care of in the family. She encourages that participation. She cares about seeking after her ancestors. If the lioness at the gate knows about and understands missions, missionaries, and the mission of the house of Israel, she will prepare future missionaries to go out from that home. It is very difficult to get a lion cub away from a lioness who doesn’t believe in missions, but if the lioness believes in a mission, she will devote her life to preparing the cub to go out and serve the Lord. That’s how important she is. Service happens if she cares about it. "

The things mentioned above may not be what is important to every lioness.  But I believe it is true...what is important to the mother...the lioness, is often how goes the family.  We have so much power as women and mothers.  I don't see how so many in the world have convinced women that they are "less" then and don't have power.  I think we have the ultimate power!  Makes me think of another favorite quote...

"When the real history of mankind is fully disclosed, will it feature the echoes of gunfire or the shaping sound of lullabies? The great armistices made by military men or the peacemaking of women in homes and in neighborhoods? Will what happened in cradles and kitchens prove to be more controlling than what happened in congresses? When the surf of the centuries has made the great pyramids so much sand, the everlasting family will still be standing, because it is a celestial institution, formed outside telestial time. The women of God know this. No wonder the men of God support and sustain you sisters in your unique roles, for the act of deserting home in order to shape society is like thoughtlessly removing crucial fingers from an imperiled dike in order to teach people to swim.
--Elder Neal A. Maxwell"

These thoughts come to you just in time for Mother's Day.  
I am thankful to be a mother! 



I think this is me being the lioness of my home at about 5pm each day...

ROAR!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Love this <3 Thanks for sharing and I am so glad you are feeling better. I have had the same thought when I am sick about how hard it would be to have a chronic illness and how grateful I am for good health.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete