Saturday, July 26, 2014

DAY 2 New Years and Weddings

Ok, I know it's going back a bit.  However, not only am I trying to catch up on blogging, I am taking time each day to clean up my photo library.  I am deleting loads of duplicates, hundreds of pictures taken by my kids of random things around the house, and fuzzy pictures, you know what I am talking about.  While going through my massive library I have found a few gems that never were documented.  So, let's start at the very beginning.  ("A very good place to start"-The Sound of Music)


Wedding #1-My cousin Lauren was married a few days after Christmas in Cove, Utah.  Annie and I hitched a ride down to the wedding with the Garzas.  My uncle owns a tree farm and they decorated the entire church with live trees.  It was like a winter wonderland.  And the brownie sundae's were not bad either!  
Austin and Adam...these two crack me up.  

The quality on all these pictures isn't so great.  However, I was trying to capture the second generation of cousins chatting it up.  What are they talking about?  

Maybe Austin was sharing a funny story...

I don't know where they get all their chatting skills from...could be they come by it naturally from this  crew?

Holly, Ben (brother and sister of the bride) and Ben's wife Ally.  

Holly and my favorite Aunt Kathy!  

When Ben came home from his mission, I was like, "Oh my goodness, it's my son Michael."  I think they have a lot of similarities.  It's kind of funny cause Michael is my only child that people ever comment looks like me, however, no one has ever really told me I look like any of my Milligan cousins.  I guess I must!  

I don't know why I barely took any pics of the beautiful bride and groom! 

Even though I think this is the MOST hideous picture of myself, I will put aside my vanity for the sake of the memory.  Starting on the left:  Heidi (sister), Emily (cousin), Holly (cousin) and some crazy lady having a bad hair day, bad clothes day, and looking a little possessed. 

And finally, my favorite picture of the whole evening...
My three nieces Abigail, Sadie, and Chloe got down and dirty reaching for that bouquet.  I think Chloe came away with the prize.  This picture just makes me laugh. 

Okay, now onto a few more pictures leading to our New Year.  I just like these I found of Annie. 

Helping Mom in the Kitchen

Maybe she was helping me to make up for earlier when she was refusing to pose for a picture.  

Some bribing (or threatening) might have taken place.  

This is what is usually happening when I try to get a picture. 

Loving her new Christmas Clothes and boots. 

This is where I often find Annie.  There are ALWAYS loads of papers, paper clippings, scissors, markers, pencils and pens lying around. 

The cousins came over for some good old "Just Dance" on the Wii. 


On to Wedding #2- My good friend Kristy (my friend, Joshua's BFF's mom, and two of my children's school teacher) was getting married to Joe.  Joe is the greatest guy and we were just SO happy they found each other.  They decided to make the wedding short, simple, and sweet and to do it on New Year's Eve.  I thought it was a great idea, since we never do anything too exciting on New Year's anyway, what could be better than a WEDDING party!?   I told Kristy I would help with ANYTHING she needed...and she took me up on it.  I kind of became in charge of getting the church ready and things in place for a short ceremony and a meet and greet afterwards.

If you look closely, I mostly just grabbed all the decorations from my house, and brought them to the Church to make it more cozy.  My sister, Jennifer was a LIFE SAVER, and brought things from her home too and helped me set everything up. I would never have had made it without her.  

We moved in the couches and chairs from the foyer and cut the gym in half so it was cozy.  

The ward was awesome, everyone made treats and appetizers to share.  

Here's the beautiful bride.  

James and friend, Jaime.  

I love this picture, it's like Ryan is giving some fatherly advice to the groom or something.  Who knows what they were talking about.  

The happy couple...

They both deserve a long life of happiness together...

The Chapel...


After cleaning and packing everything back in the car, we got home about midnight...just in time to ring in the New Year.  

 The kids were all watching the fireworks go off all over the Valley. 

Cheers!

Nothing like an orange popsicle to ring in the New Year.  

New Year's Day brought playing with friends.  I was laughing so hard when I saw our neighbor, Keisha, had walked through the snow to play- in her older sister's high heals.  

We went out for Chinese as a family. 

We ran into some people we knew at the restaurant.  :)

The newly wed's son, Michael, came along with us.  Annie enjoys teasing him.  He is the youngest in his family so I think he likes the chaos.  :)  

I don't know what we were thinking (because we usually never even take all our kids out for dinner)  but we went all out and got ice-cream too.  New Years only comes around once a year! 

Sassy...

Five boys...

And two girls...

It was fun to look back and revisit our New Years!  How is 2014 going for you?  It will be this time of year again before you know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment