Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

I was going to write about Michael's Baptism last week...but I will save that for a little later. Just wanted to give a quick shout out to some important peeps today.
Not only is it 11-11-11, but it is Veteran's Day and my niece Abigail's Birthday! 

My Dad set a great example for his children and grandchildren and we are all so proud of his service!  Now that I have my own four boys, I think of how hard it would be to send them off to serve our country during a time of war. I know my Grandma always prayed for my Dad while he was in Vietnam and for that I am thankful. I know that many grandmother's, mothers and wives pray for their loved ones and sometimes they do not return. 

Recently he came to Luke's flag football game...
Doesn't he look sharp in his new orange coat?  Good color, Dad!

Abigail is turning FIFTEEN today, I can't believe it!  Since her and Joshua almost share a birthday, I thought this was appropriate!  :)  Really I am short on time, and just realized I do not label my photos very well.  Just know that she is now much taller and more mature and gorgeous as ever. 
Our family has tons of fall Birthdays and I already missed Alexis, and Pierson.  Lame-o.  For now, here is to our Abigail!  Have a GREAT DAY! 

PS I just saw that Sarah over on Cloverlane beautifully shared some of my sentiments on Veteran's Day from the perspective of a mother.  Check it out if you have time!

No comments:

Post a Comment