Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas on my iPhone

Here are a few shots from the season that I had on my phone.  One of these days I will have time to download everything from my camera!  It seems like we have had one event after the other!  I can't believe Christmas will be here in just a couple of days.

The month started off with our ward Christmas Party.  The Primary was in charge of the food.  I think it all turned out great. 

We always have a really nice program in the chapel before the dinner. 

Our next door neighbor, Brother Hammer, was the star of the show.  He told a story and there were lots of musical numbers.  He did great! 

No matter where we live, or what ward we are in, all kids in the Church have one thing in common.  Their favorite thing about a ward party is RUNNING around the Church despite efforts of all adults to stop them.  These four were actually SWEATING when I told them to go get in the car.  The ward party is basically like going to the gym for them.  
 I won't mention any names, but the next day in primary an announcement was made that the Bishops wife had found a thrown baked potato in the chapel.  Someone seemed to be having a potato war in the church.  Busted.  

We had a ton of extra potatoes that night and we had some set aside to deliver to members of the ward that couldn't make it to the party.  I saw a few unnamed kids with some wrapped potatoes and I took them away and put them in the piles to deliver.  Once we had all loaded in the car to go home Luke became very concerned.  "Hey, Mom, where did you put those potatoes we had?"  I told him I had put them in piles to be delivered. I hear muffled giggles.  "Um, Mom, we took bites out of those potatoes."  
Grrrrr.....
Hey, Potato recipients, the Church is still true.  Please forgive for giving you used potatoes.

The next day my niece Lauren was baptized! 

It was a great day, and we had a yummy luncheon afterwards!  

Sometimes during the holidays the kids are so excited they don't want to go to bed! 

"Just try and catch me, Mom, seriously."

The next weekend was our annual Milligan Family Christmas Party.  I made a ton of cookies.  

It really has become more of a Christmas Party extravaganza.  We start the weekend off bowling in Preston, Idaho at a place called "Pop-in-Pins".  (Wondering if that is the same legendary bowling alley in THEE Napoleon Dynamite? You would be right.)  

Lots of bowling fun going on...


Kip was pretty glad we came to "his" bowling alley. 

I should really have documented the place a little better.  I loved the "vintage" feel of the old-timey decorations.  This little Santa man sang songs and moved around.  It was slightly creepy. 

Well, I better go to bed!  Christmas is upon us and I still have a bit more to do!  The whole grand family is coming over for dinner tomorrow.  There will be 45 of us in all.  I hope I have enough food!  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment