Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas Eve

 I didn't get many pictures of our traditional Christmas Eve Fondue dinner because I was too busy eating.

I don't remember what these kids were watching...I think Christmas Oranges or something.  Christmas Eve was sad for one reason...Melissa had to stay home with Alexis and London because they got sick.  She kept the twins too.  You can see Isabelle is not too perky in this picture either.  By the end of the week I think every family got the dreaded illness.  I hate that part of Christmas!

Here is Sophie taking matters into her own hands, moving chairs around and whatnot.



The Shepherds for the Annual Nativity Program (and their sheep of course!)

Shepherd Austin and Shepherd Luke

Mary, Joseph, and Baby Olive...(Oops, I meant Baby Jesus.)

Pierson's face cracks me up here with Annie.

Baby Jesus was a pretty chubby baby.

The whole crew...look closely at James' face.  (He has the gold outfit and pinkish hat.)  

I didn't notice James' face as we were doing our photo shoot after the story was read, but my brother did.  He told me to watch his facial expressions, so when I looked back at the pictures, I saw what he was talking about!  

Every picture of the group was pretty much the same, except James...

This Wise Man had a new expression for every shot of the camera.  

Grandma and Grandpa enjoying the program.

Luke, Ryan, and Sophie taking it in.  Ryan was miserable the entire Holiday.  He had about fifty million cankers. 

Some of the cousins do a song, or tell a story.  James played the cello for us this year. 

These four sang Jingle Bells.

Abigail played the violin, but here I think she is telling a joke???

Here is Pierson giving a tribute to his Mom.

I think Joshua told a joke too...

We ended the night with the gift exchange.  Sadie liked her gift!  Joshua had just had his wisdom teeth out so his face was a little swollen.

Abigail and Chloe.  

Nic was pretty excited about this gift from Grandma.  I think it will come in handy down in Arizona.

And that was it, our favorite night of the year was over.  We all headed to bed.  Later that night, I woke up and peeked downstairs to see if Santa had come.  He had!  I was lucky to catch a glimpse of all the gifts before the kids got up Christmas Morning. 

I was more excited about this doll house than Annie was.  Good thing I have two girls since Annie is not quite as into the whole doll thing as Sophie.  

With six kids, the gifts have to be spread all over the room! 

I wanted to sneak downstairs, but knew I better not.  Instead, I kissed the kids and went back to bed. 

"Silent Night, Holy Night....all was CALM, all was BRIGHT!"


I think I heard something on the roof as I crawled back into bed.  Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment