Friday, January 11, 2013

Snowy Days and Sickness

The kids were praying for a snow day today.  I was not.  Even though we didn't get a snow day, it looks pretty dang snowy outside so I thought I would catch up on some of my snow pictures.  While trying to collect them I realized I had a lot of "sick" pictures too.  

This first picture makes me laugh every time I look at it. I guess it is a combo of the sick/snow pictures.  My sister and I were driving up to Targhee  and Austin got carsick along the way.  "ROLL THE WINDOW DOWN, MOM!"  (Luckily we had a gallon-sized ziplock in the car.)  Then all the kids started to get sick, or hot, or something.  So here we are driving up in the zero degree FREEZING weather with our windows all down.  It was crazy. Crazy and funny. 

It seemed like as soon as we got going it was lunch time at the lodge!  I was not complaining. 


Luke did AWESOME for his first time!  (I give all credit to Grandpa though!)


A few days later we had a snow day in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard.

The kids never get tired of Grandpa pulling them around and around in the sled.




Go fast, Grandpa!  We have been doing this from the time I was a kid.  However, we used to do it around the neighborhood in Colorado behind my dad's truck.  Somehow today I don't think it would be legal.  


Uncle Michael pulling little Michael.  

It was the last ride of the day....brrrrr.

These guys stayed in where it was warm!

In between all that fun in the snow we had the flu over here. 

And we did a little shopping-hitting the sales.  I don't know if Sophie was feeling sick here or just worn out!  Good thing we had Abigail with us!

These boys were planted on the couch for a few days.

Eventually it got us all.  (Except James-he had a flu shot.)

We have had a flu shot every year for the past three years.  Wouldn't you know the year we don't is the worst flu season ever.  Oh, well.  At least it is over.  Now BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment