Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Sunday

I love the Sunday before Church.  Christmas is thick in the air, I love the music,  the focus is on what is really important, and everyone is in a good mood. The boys all looked dapper in their new bow ties for Church.  Joshua actually tied them all.  Pretty impressive.


I had wanted to get a "girl" picture too.  However, it was after Church and Sophie was not cooperating, so I got Luke and Annie instead. 

Sophie was overdue for a nap and literally running away from me. 

You can't catch me behind the tree!


Later that night my whole family came over for dinner and a Christmas message.  We had Spaghetti and Bacon Carbonara, Garlic Bread, and Italian Salad.  It was a fun night. 

Aunt Jennifer showed the kids a video clip about the "candy bomber" in World War II.  It was from a Christmas Special that Tom Brokaw did with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Great story.  Here she is passing out sticks of gum to all the kids to show them what the kids were willing to share with each other in Berlin.  It was a great message about gratitude and kindness.

Then my Dad told the kids about the children and people in Vietnam at Christmas. I love how the kids the kids are so focused in on what he is saying. 

And that was the end of the message...a wrestling match began with the kids and Uncle David. 

I would say he was holding up to the masses pretty well....

Uncle Michael and Uncle Travis got in on the action....

Will had to come over and make sure Dad was okay.  

And I don't know why, but shirts started flying off...

Joshua will kill me, but here he is getting taken down by Sadie!  Ha Ha!

Everyone was tired of wrestling, so the dancing began.   Austin is such a natural dancer and performer! We all get a kick out of watching him!

Even Ryan got in on the action...check out those moves!

Annie is so proud of her back bend.  

It was a great day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment