Thursday, November 29, 2012

First Day of Vacation

We got kind of a late start driving to California so we pulled into town late that night.  Naturally, the first thing on our agenda for the day was to take naps!  (After we had lunch at In-n-Out that is.)

I told Annie to read the girls stories and then we would go to sleep.  Annie almost NEVER takes a nap. I was skeptical, but she seemed excited since her cousin Amelia was asleep and she got to "tuck" in her cousin Presley. 

Jackpot, all three girls asleep...and I took a snooze too!

That night we headed down to Manteca to visit with old friends.  While the boys were getting haircuts and having a pizza party, Marla hosted a girls get together at her house.  She had the best orange rolls and Orange Julius's.  I am dreaming about them right now.  We always have no shortage of things to catch up on and we always laugh our heads off.  I don't know why we didn't think to take pictures before walking out the door when it was late and all our make up was worn off, but you get what you get.  

Dislaimer:  We told everyone to make a stupid face. (You know how teenagers always make weird faces these days and post them every other day on Facebook.)  Marla didn't get the memo that we weren't doing the crazy faces anymore.  So funny.  I couldn't help it, I had to remember this moment Marla! Anyway, I love these girls so much.  I know they would both kill tigers for me.  The only sad thing about the picture is we didn't get Andrea in it!  I know when she sees it though, she will probably be happy she missed it!  Ha-ha!

These guys were having all sorts of fun, they always pick up right where they left off.  I can't believe how much they have grown.  

The girls (Again, not the best picture ever. I am not sure if that is a shadow on Katelyn's head or what???)  I still can see these two as little seven year olds in my mind.

The babies.  

We left the girls in Lodi that night because they were still sleeping when we had to leave.  Having just the four boys that night was reminiscent of our days living in Manteca being an all-boy family. 

 We did sneak in some time with little Ezra.  He is seriously the best baby ever.  Doesn't make a peep and is happy as can be.  He actually reminds me a little of Michael when he was little.  I wish I had held him a little more. I don't know where the time went. 

Like I said, for a long time it was the four boys.  Now the four girls have taken over.  It is so fun watching them play together.  They love it. 

We had a great first day in California!  It is always so great to reunite with family and friends that are like family.  I await more pictures of our vacation from Dane, he took better ones and so he is going to send them my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment