Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

I had a great birthday.  Nothing crazy, just a good day.  My mom offered to make me a cake, and I took her right up on that offer.  Since I am the baker around here, unless I bake myself a cake...we usually go buy a treat.  It was great to have someone bake me a real-live cake! We gathered for the cake the night before my birthday.

Yummy.

More tastiness.

We tried to do a mini-photo shoot even though it was kind of last minute.  Ryan doesn't have a lot of practice taking pictures.  In this one I am out of focus.  It doesn't really matter though, because you know what IS in focus, that's right, the cakes. 

Joshua took this one.  

I was trying to do a big ol' pose in this one.  I wish all the cute kids in the background showed a little more and I showed a little less.  

On my actual birthday my mom and sister/sister-in-law took me out for lunch at one of my favorite places in town...Babes.  Later that night Ryan took me out to dinner with all the kids.  We rarely all go out to a sit down restaurant as a family.  That night happened to be "family" night and they were doing face painting.  Perfect.  I just pretended it was part of the "party" I had planned!  Ha-ha.



Annie's face looked awesome. It was all sparkly but the lightning was bad and  I just took this on my phone. 

It was a great birthday.  Ryan left with the two youngest boys to California the next day and that seems SO long ago!  Birthdays for me are kind of like a second chance at making new resolutions for my life.  So far I have not committed to any great ones.  I am still thinking about it.  I will let you know what I come up with!  Anyway, thanks for all the people that wished me a Happy Birthday!  Those are the things that mean the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment